Dekotla E-5500 — is a high-quality two-component polymer Tub&Tile coating.
A two part epoxy based tile coating which has excellent wear/abrasion and chemical resistance. It is easy to clean on several surfaces, particularly ceramic tiles.
Main characteristics. Tile Refinishing Product.
- Odourless. No hazardous diluters used in manufacturing of the material.
- High density and excellent coverage.
- Will not support fungal or bacterial growth
- Excellent adhesion
- Excellent chemical resistance and non toxic
- No streaks, no bubbles.
- Easy clean finish
- Harmless to humans and the environment (when solidified).
- Apply to plaster, ceramic tile, brick, blockwork or concrete surfaces
- Freezes at the temperature below 0, does not lose its properties after defrosting.
Other advantages. Bathtub Resurfacing Material.
- Hardening time - 24 hours at normal temperature in the bathroom 20-25°C. Hardening time depends on the bathroom temperature. If the temperature varies from the normal, the hardening time can increase at lower temperature and decrease at higher temperature.
- No diluters needed to make the product ready. Component A and component B need to be thoroughly mixed, without diluters.
- Dekotla E-5500 can be tinted with tinting pastes Ekopel Colors.
- Dekotla E-5500 is produced within the European Union in Slovenia.
Package contents. Tile Reglazing Coatings.
The material consists of 2 components: component A (base) and component B (hardener), the mixing of which provides you with a mixture ready for application.
* The base is delivered in a plastic container with a protective “lock”, decorated with corporate colours of the Pabrec company.
The hardener is in a square bottle of high-strength polyethylene with a protective “lock”.
– 10.0 kg (component А - 8.2 kg, component B - 1800 g)
– 1.0 kg (component А - 820 g, component B - 180 g)
Additional information. Tile Refinishing Product.
The guaranteed shelf life – 24 months from the date of manufacture (the date of manufacture is shown on the package).
The service life of the applied coating – 10 years, provided that there is regular care of the coating.
Check the instruction on application and watch the video before use.
Remove loose paint and rust with a wire brush or sandpaper. Repair chips and cracks with a patching compound. Remove any mildew with a solution of bleach and water and rinse thoroughly.
Sand entire surface with #400/#600 grit wet/dry sandpaper. Vacuum or rinse away any residue. Wipe surface with a tack cloth immediately before painting to remove dust.
After polishing degrease the cover with an Ekopel Cleaner, which would remove grease, lime deposits and rust from the surface. Rinse the bath thoroughly with water and make it dry. For drying, you can use a hot air gun or a hair dryer.
WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust.
Use when temperature is between 20-30C (68-86F) and humidity is below 85% to ensure proper drying.
Properly ventilate the area by opening windows or using fans.
Thoroughly mix Component A to ensure any settled pigment is re-dispersed.
Mix in a 4,5:1 ratio of base to activator in a separate container.
Add Component B to Component A and mix thoroughly for 3 minute. Thin no more than 5% with 100% isopropyl alcohol (not rubbing alcohol), acetone or xylene.
Apply within 1 hour of mixing.
Brush: Use a fine quality, fine bristle varnish brush. Brush in one direction only for a smooth surface and feather the edges as you paint to avoid a hard line between painted areas. Avoid excessive brushing to ensure an even coat and smooth finish.
Apply two coats, waiting at least 1 hour between coats.
If necessary, a third coat may be applied the next day with a second kit.
Roller: Use a high quality, 1⁄4” short nap roller or foam roller made for kitchen or bath use. Apply two coats, waiting at least 1 hour between coats. Avoid excessive brushing to ensure an even coat and smooth finish.
If necessary, a third coat may be applied the next day.
Dry and Recoat Times
Based on 20C (70F) and 50% relative humidity.
Dries to the touch in 1 hour.
Allow to dry at least 1 hour before applying a second coat.
Allow to dry 1 day before exposing to water.
Clean brush and other application tools immediately with lacquer thinner or isopropyl alcohol. Properly dispose of all soiled rags. Properly discard empty container. Do not burn or place in home trash compactor.